Great Bear is a GREAT venue for your next event!
Safety at Great Bear
Safety is extremely important to Great Bear Ski Valley. Common sense is one of the most important aspects when having fun. Help us reduce the elements of risk involved with skiing, snowboarding and tubing by using common sense and personal awareness.
The following is a list endorsed by the National Ski Areas Association:
- Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.