Summertime at Great Bear
Spend a Great Day in the Great Outdoors.
Great Bear Recreation Park offers more than 200 acres of natural splendor just waiting to be discovered. Our park, just minutes from Sioux Falls, SD, features the Ralph and Doris Wallin Nature Trail which winds through hills and valleys and offers hikers spectacular views of Sioux Falls, as well as secluded Burr Oak canopied creek bottoms and stunning wild flowers.
This 4-mile (6-kilometer) trail system has 3 distinct loops ranging from an ADA-rated hard surfaced trail for leisurely strolls to challenging primitive deer trails for a true backcountry experience. Click the links on the left to plan your great escape to nature.
Great Bear warm weather activities include:
- 4 miles of hiking trails
- Varied terrain for different skill levels
- Amazing scenic overlook
- Beautiful natural vistas
- Ideal picnicking spots
- Great on-leash dog walking areas
- Close to the city convenience
- 32 miles of visibility on a clear day from Overlook Trail
- Picture perfect settings with wooden bridges crossing creeks and ponds throughout 220 acres