Winter at Great Bear Park
Sioux Falls’ Top Destination for Winter Fun.
Button up and come on down for unlimited winter fun at Great Bear Ski Valley. Whatever your skill level, you’ll find the perfect slopes and trails for a great day. With downhill skiing and snowboarding, telemark skiing, snow tubing, cross country ski trails, half pipe and other snowsports, there is something here for people of all ages. We offer eastern South Dakota’s only tubing lift in our Kirby Family Tubing Park.
Great Bear Ski Valley features:
- Downhill Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Telemark Skiing
- Snow Boarding
- Snowboard and Ski Terrain Park
- Twelve lanes of snow tubing
- Winter Events
- Snowsports School
- Rental Equipment
We have equipment rentals available for snow skiing, cross country skiing, snowboarding and adaptive skiing.
Great Bear is ready for you to have a great time. If this is your first visit to Great Bear, we will help you every step of the way. Our snow park includes the following:
- 14 ski/snowboard downhill trails
- Terrain park
- 1 quad chairlift
- 2 conveyor style lifts
- 1 Rope tow
- 6 levels of Ski/Snowboard Lessons from our PSIA certified SnowSports School.
- 4 mile (6 kilometer) trail system of groomed cross country ski trails.
- 8 tubing hills so you won’t have to wait long to get to the top and ride down!
- Equipment rental
Snowmaking and Grooming
Great Bear’s team works hard to ensure we provide the best experience for all our guests. We pride ourselves on being able to cover 100% of our ski, snowboard and tubing trails with the latest in snowmaking and snow grooming technology, including:
- 17 snow guns
- 2 snow cats
- Dedicated team working overnight to ensure your snow is powder fresh!
2016 SNIRTFEST Pondskim